Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you another hobby of mine. Baking. I love to bake cupcakes. I have a recipe that I have kind of adapted and made my own so that I can remember it every time I make them and they still taste amazing!
- Firstly make sure you have all of the ingredients. (for 12-16 cupcakes)
- 100g Margarine
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Self raising flour
- 2/3 eggs
- Vanilla Essence
See very simple ingredients so that you’ll remember. If I was going to make more cupcakes I would just add 100g to all of the ingredients. For example I could do 200g of margarine, caster sugar and flour and 4 eggs to make around 20 -24 cupcakes.
2. Next mix the caster sugar and margarine in a bowl.
3. Add 1/4 flour and 1 egg and mix together. Then continue adding and mixing until all of the flour and all of the eggs have been mixed in.
4. Carefully, add a couple of drops of Vanilla essence and stir.
5. Spoon out the cake mixture into cake cases and put in the oven for 20 mins or until golden brown. You can check the cakes are cooked by popping a knife into the middle of a couple of the cakes and when you pull the knife out, if it’s clean, the cakes are cooked. Make sure you leave the cupcakes to cool.
The next part of my recipe is for the butter cream icing. It’s not so much a recipe because all I do is put as much margarine and icing sugar as I think into a bowl and mix them together. Usually it’s about 100g icing sugar and 50g margarine; then when you mix it together you’ll need to add more icing sugar because you’ll need it to be nice and thick. It’s very difficult at first to get the right consitancy, I used to really struggle but practice make perfect. I also add a little bit of vanilla essence to the icing. To make them into butterfly cakes I just cut the tops off the cakes in a small circle. Then I fill it with the butter cream icing. The tops of the cakes that I’ve cut off, I cut in half and then put on top of the icing in the cake. This then looks like butterfly wings.
It’s quite a simple recipe, but I always get complements and my family are always excited when I say I’m baking these cupcakes, so they must be good! I think they’re delicious so give it a go.
I have also made some cookies so in my next blog post I will share the recipe with you for those.
If you liked my recipe please like my blog post and please follow my blog for more beauty and lifestyle posts.
Take a look at some of my other Beauty and Lifestyle posts:
You can also find my on Twitter
Thanks for reading!